Friday, May 29, 2020

Day 14 - $1 30 day challenge - Reflections

Breakfast I had a Greek yogurt and fruit bowl on the go. 
Lunch I had the leftover chicken tortilla less soup. 

The Crock-Pot recipes kind of threw me for a loop in this week's menu. I really had a block when it came to doing those recipes. I still managed to do some recipes. Maybe I will get the Crock-Pot going Sunday and I can finish those recipes. In the Facebook group I heard the avacado chicken salad was really good. 

Today after work I didn't know what I would do for dinner. I went to the grocery store to get some things for shavout - feast of weeks. We decided we would cook out, so I got some steaks and vegetables. 

Since I had those edamame yesterday I was thinking about sushi. And we often have sushi of Friday night. I decided to get a sushi burrito. I thought it would be okay if I made it with brown rice, which they had. And I tried to pick a sauce that didn't have sugar. I got it with tuna, carrot, cucumber, and avacado, with ginger dressing. It was good but not amazing. A little underwhelming. And I still felt a little hungry. 

I went to another grocery store, because I felt like I needed something more stuff that I didn't get it at the last store. I bought some more fruit and Greek yogurt. And looked at their heat up meals. I decided on an Indian chickpea dish. When I got home to make it though, I realized it had mango powder in it and I am allergic to mango. Even though it smelled really good I didn't want to risk it. So I ate hummus with baby bell peppers instead. 

While I was shopping at the grocery store I was reflecting on this lifestyle change. As I went through the isles and didn't buy candy or other unhealthy things, I was proud. I have stopped drinking sugary drinks and stopped eating candy and stopped eating gluten. That is a big deal. 

Although I wasn't in the mind set to work out today I was happy with the diet changes I have made and that is a big accomplishment in itself. 

1 comment:

  1. I knew you could do this. I am so proud of you! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete